Homestead in Arkansas
Christian Prepper Communities Make Sense
Why be a loan-wolf homesteader where, few if anyone near you, are preppers when you can homestead with like minded preppers?
Statistically, nearly three quarters of Americans move every five years … so chances are pretty good that you could be relocating again. Obviously, moves are often driven by major life transitions, like a new job, a marriage, or retirement. And sometimes you don’t really have much of a choice in your destination.
But quite often, you do have a choice. And that’s important, because …
One of the very best things you can do to live and survive hard times is to move where the likelihood of major events affecting you is minimized.
There are plenty of places like that in the United States … as long as you think critically and evaluate your options using the right criteria.
THE HOMESTEADER WHO INVITES APPRENTICES CONCEPT
Andrew Strom Quote From His 9/10/2010 Newsletter
“If you have read our stuff for awhile you will know that I am not just a believer in “Revival”. And not just “Reformation” either. I am a believer in the fullness of Christ’s glorious Church – the Bride of Christ displayed before all the world in her full purity and power.
The sad thing is, we have never seen anything like that in our lifetime.
Of course we see this glorious church in the Book of Acts – in places like Jerusalem and Antioch. And we get glimpses of her again down through history – in times of “Great Awakening”.
The glorious Bride of Christ tends not to meet in ‘cathedrals’. She does not shut herself away from the world behind four walls. She is out amongst the poor and needy – preaching the pure gospel, helping the widows, praying for the sick. Just like Jesus was not hidden away, she is not hidden away.
A lot of people think that “House churches” are the most biblical form of church structure. (I am a fan of House churches myself).
But we need to realize that the true church was born in the open air.
She was born in “Solomon’s Porch”. She was born in the ‘Courtyard of the Gentiles’. A lot of people do not understand this – and so miss something very significant.
The Bible says that the early church in Jerusalem met every day in the huge temple courtyard – a massive open-air space about the size of five football fields. There were “porticos” all around the edge – and “Solomon’s Porch” was the one where the apostles would stand and preach. Where do you think all those miracles were done? Where do you think the ‘Gate Beautiful’ was – where the lame man was healed? Where do you think Jesus drove out the money-changers? Where do you think Jesus Himself preached when He was in Jerusalem? -In the ‘Courtyard of the Gentiles’.
The early church was an “open air” church and a “house meeting” church. There was no such thing as ‘cathedrals’ or church buildings for centuries. She fed the widows, she clothed the orphans, she preached a pure gospel to the poor. She did miracles in the open air.
This is the glorious church that Jesus is wanting to display again before the end. This is His beautiful Bride – in all her fullness. And my friends, we simply cannot afford to settle for less.
What got me thinking again along these lines was this earthquake in the city of Christchurch. A lot of the old cathedrals and church buildings there have been seriously damaged. Maybe it is time to leave them behind. Maybe it is time for Christ’s glorious church to come forth again – outside the walls that are blocking us from the very world we are called to reach.”
Not Socialism or a Commune
To the point, the Acts model we see in chapters 2 and 3 is not Socialistic or a commune, it is as Jesus said in Matthew 25: ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’ Here is the whole quote:
31“But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne.
32“All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats;
33and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.
34“Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
35‘For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;
36naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’
37“Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?
38‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?
39‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’
40“The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’
41“Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;
42for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink;
43I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’
44“Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?’
45“Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’
46“These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
So, the Acts model is to minister to Jesus by ministering to the needs of the brethren so we can be counted amongst the sheep rather than the goats.
There is No Social, Economic, Political or Government Solution
In my opinion we are in the last days prophesied in the Bible. The Antichrist, the Beast System, and the One World Government WILL arise, and it will NOT be DEFEATABLE until God defeats it at the battle of Armageddon so the notions expressed in the below letter for activist political and armed resistance planning and organization will only walk into the enemies plans. Therefore we are in a time when this entire end-time scenario is being staged, and there are no social, economic, political or government solutions.
Realizing we are undoubtedly coming into the worst economic depression in history, I also hope to become totally self sufficient so we can go off the grid if necessary, but not just for the selfish, self preservation purpose of surviving. We intend to minister to our own community members, and be able to go into local towns and minister to others, even if our lives are at risk … as were the first, second, and third century Christians. I am willing to live or die for my Jesus. Accomplishing these two goals will have us prepared for any other eventualities that are seen by so many (tribulation, all kinds of disasters, antichrist, etc).
That is what the Apostles did. They were involved in Kingdom of God matters only. Jesus said, “Give unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s,” and so we abide by the laws of the land. I used to be an activist, but God took me out of all that and showed me the only solution is Jesus Christ and His Kingdom.
Non-Christian Community Concepts
By nature I am a quiet spoken diplomat, but when it comes to gathering in the core group of our community, I need to not only really be understood, but I need to clearly understand those that write to me. This year, a lady in NY City called me, and I had to tell her she is a New Ager and is not saved. But she is not the first one.
I see no comparison what-so-ever between First century Christians and the Branch Davidian mentality. Many people think they were Christians but if one studies their leader and doctrine you will see they were a demonic, sexually perverted, heretical cult living in a heavily armed fortress. Their well publicized prophecy that they would be attacked by government forces some day, and might have to fight to the death to defend themselves from persecution became a self-fulfilling prophecy (Yes, it is also true that the Government attack on them was unwarranted and illegal). In contrast, the Mennonite’s pacifist prophecy over themselves has preserved them for all these centuries.
Why the Mennonites Have succeeded
The Mennonites success in Community living comes from their emphasis on the Beatitudes, so I am studying Matthew 5 again. That is the mindset that works for them. I have never been a Mennonite and have no interest in becoming one (most of them are pacifists and Post Millennial), but they do have this (just a servant of God) Christian quality/virtue about them. ArkHaven will be neither pacifistic nor an armed fortress, but we can embrace these blessings from our Lord Jesus:
1And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
2And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Matthew 5
I think it will be healthy for us to be in local churches on Saturdays or Sundays. That keeps down the gossip that we are a weird cult group, and in fact keeps us from becoming one. I learned this from the YWAM’ers years ago (my wife was YWAM trained in Hawaii).
It will be essential for the core group of each community to mature in their Christian walk, as we will be involved in hard work as well as being of one heart from God’s perspective. It will make no difference what the people we serve believe, as we are there to be a witness for them. But it will be very important that everyone in any one given community to be as like-minded as possible for the sake of unity. The hard truth is that 90% of all communities, no matter what their core beliefs may be, fail!
By starting out with these goals in place we will be more able to start moving into living by miracles alone … if it comes to that. We can’t start there, but we had better be able to end there … just in case there are no options.
Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
Too many are so desirous of this community ideal that they think doctrinal agreement isn’t a big deal. Sadly when they jump in without regard to doctrine, they end up hurt. We all require doctrinal purity (as we understand it), but we also are more comfortable within our own culture group, so it is important to find like minded people who we can be comfortable with to join in a community. In short, everyone in the community must be as like-minded as possible if it is to work.
(1Pe.3:8) Finally, be ye all likeminded, compassionate, loving as brethren, tenderhearted, humble minded: (9) not rendering evil for evil, or reviling for reviling; but contrariwise blessing; for hereunto were ye called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
The smallest concept of community is marriage between a man and a woman. Unless the man and woman can agree, they will certainly have marital problems. So if this is desirable or mandatory for a husband and wife, how much more so with a group of people?
- CLICK HERE to read the prophetic, miraculous story behind the ArkHaven name.
- CLICK HERE to read the biography and testimony of the founder of ArkHaven Ministries, Kenneth Uptegrove.
- CLICK HERE to find a FORUM for self sufficient living. What advice, what testimonies, what links do you offer the rest of us who are living or want to live the self sufficient lifestyle? You do not have to be interested in Christian community or preparing for hard times to be qualified to share with this group. You will find a listing of everything needed for self sufficient living, such as heirloom seeds, foam domes, generators, and many other things.
- CLICK HERE to read a prophetic article on Christian community by Jeanette Reed that says God is telling us difficult times are upon us. David Wilkerson wrote two books proclaiming a coming economic collapse.
- CLICK HERE to hear Kenneth Uptegrove on archived radio talk shows he has been interviewed on about this subject.
OUR VISION -- OUR PLANS -- OUR NEEDS
- It will take a lot of Godly wisdom to know what to prepare for, and how to prepare for it. Understanding how to prepare will take Christians like you receiving a revelatory word from God, and then being obedient to move on the direction God has given you. We have to live it before we can give it.
- I (Kenneth Uptegrove) am reporting on what my wife (Lora) and I feel God has shown us and many others. There are hundreds of like-minded people on our email list.
- Truck farming: Hydroponics, greenhouses, gardens, berry bushes, fruit trees, grains,, all done by the natural and organic method. We anticipate that insecticides, herbicides, fungicides, gasoline, and just about everything needed to do conventional farming will no longer be available. We will have to revert back to the way farming was done, centuries ago, before all these things became available, and that is the natural and organic method.
- Animal husbandry: Chickens, ducks and geese, fish farm, milking and meat goats, draft horses, etc.
- Either an artesian well or a large spring with our own water tower and pipelines. A lake that has an outlet to keep it clear is ideal.
- Either a large wooded area or a natural gas well on the land for an energy source.
- Several 500 gal. propane gas tanks are an option.
- Solar panels and large Stirling engines to power generators and equipment work well here, but 50 ft. wind generators don’t work here because of the mountains.
- The kind of septic system that purifies waste water so well that it can be used to water a lawn. It must be admitted that many poor people in these hill only use a 50 gallon tank and a drain field for a septic system.
- We will always be dependent upon God as our source and our hope, utilizing what He makes available for us to use to survive and to serve all who come to us.
- Buying food, seeds, gasoline, and many other things in bulk greatly reduces the price of things. This will be needed until we are (or are forced to be) self sufficient.
- Christian agricultural cooperatives: Different local communities or families (within walking distance from each other?) interacting and working with each other.
Prophetic End-Time Preparation
- Develop Self Sufficiency Skills
- Divide and Conquer various Projects
- Privacy, but with Intentional neighbors in sight
- Like Minded Prepper Neighbors
- Thrive in Good Times & Bad in a farming lifestyle
- Far Easier to Take Vacations
- People are Social Creatures
- Permaculture as a self sufficiency technique
- Aquaponics – Hydroponics – gardening intended
- Self Reliant – self sufficient – Christ Centered
- Security – in numbers and divine covering
- Ozark mountains most ideal location in world
- MUCH Cheaper than doing it alone
- An ideal life style choice since Adam & Eve
IS GOD PROMPTING YOU TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT US?
Would you like to participate with us in our common vision with your prayers and financial support?
Would you like to contact Ken to talk about and pray over what the Lord is showing you? Make a Discovery Trip to NW ARK. We will be glad to be your native guide, and even take you to our church in the area we want to move into.
BOOKS BY DAVID WILKERSON: God gave me this vision in 1971,actually 25 years before Wilkerson wrote these books. If you find David Wilkerson a credible man of God that speaks the truth of God, these books should be on your “must read” list. Read more about these books CLICK HERE
- America’s Last Call. On the Brink of a Financial Holocaust (1998)
- God’s Plan To Protect His People In The Coming Depression (1998)